We’d like to say we’ve been saving this list for when we could leave our bomber jacket in the closet all weekend and officially roll out our summer wardrobe but that hasn’t been the case.
And because it’s felt like March… well since March (barring the rare exception), we figured we’d go with blind denial for Summer 2019 and fingers crossed for a scorching September.
Here’s our - even if it doesn’t feel like SUMMER ESSENTIALS LIST
- Vitamin A Founded by California native Amahlia Stevens, this swimwear brand combines the best part of sustainability and fashion. All designs are produced locally in California and made using recycled nylon fabrics. Fresh Colour waves come in variety cuts to fit every shape. You'll be be feeling like a Cali girl even at the 40 foot. Vitamin A ships internationally but watch out for those duties/tax charges, this my be the time to call on a favour from your American in-laws planning a visit this summer.
- Invisible Shield This may seem extreme for the three days of the year that we actually need sunscreen, but lets be honest when we need it - we really really, really, need it. Before you dust off that bottle of Hawaiian Tropical, we recommend investing in something you might fancy wearing all year round. Invisible Shield is the latest daily sunscreen by Glossier. With 35UV protection and a guaranteed non-greasy feel and a natural ingredients list including vitamin E, vitamin P, broccoli and also leaf extract, this is product we’ll be keeping on the shelves past September.
- L’OCCITANE Lipstick - We’re all about supporting the small and local but when you’ve been in the game since 1976 are undeniably successful and have ethics, we’re about that too. L’Occitane the well known french cosmetics and beauty brand just launched their summer Fruity Lipstick line. Made without silicone and vegetarian friendly these lipsticks offer the best of daily wearability and hydration. They come in 8 shades from Pink Biscotti to Flamingo Kiss and give your lips a rich wash of colour with a slightly shiny tint. As a bonus, L’Occitan offers a complementary recycling program all of their locations, receive 10% off your purchase if you drop off ANY used empty skincare or beauty product bottle.
- VEJA The not-so-quiet cult favourite. Vegan shoes that look like they were designed with your gran in mind. But if they’re good enough for Emma Watson and Meghan Markle, we’ll give them a go. With minimalist design, you can wear these feel-good trainers with just about anything. More importantly, they’re made with sustainable materials from an entirely transparent production processes, putting ethics at the forefront of this booming brand.
- Theo + George Emma long-sleeve Breton stripped T - because the navy never goes out of style. Our go-to summer long sleeve is an essential to for occasion, weekend in the country, city excursion or yacht get-away (we can dream). Our luxury eco-cotton is super soft, anti-pilling and perfect for those summer evenings. Available in three colour-waves.
They say summer bodies are made in winter, the same goes for wardrobes. You might be starting to feel the chill as we settle in for some more cold months ahead, but what better time to declutter, re-organise and stocktake your wardrobe than when you’re stuck indoors. Mind you, the impact that your environment can have on your mental state and wellbeing makes improving your space all the more important.
Image via Unsplash courtesy of